Professor, author, speaker, TV panelist, political commentator and educator in media and communication studies. Leader writer in media and management. Head Examiner (Media Science – Honors), Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, India
More than 23 years of industry and teaching experience. Worked extensively for print and online media also hold the position of a consulting editor of a business fortnightly. A regular feature writer in mainstream dailies, magazines, and international portals. Already authored two books
in media and management for both undergraduate and postgraduate students of media and management namely Media Speaks Management Matters and Justice and Journalist. The third book is on the card. A leader-writer in the field of business, media, economics and management, contributes research articles for international journals, magazines, newspapers and online portals.
A leading television panelist on politics and international relations in the leading national brands like ABP, ZEE, Republic etc.
Teaching and mentoring media, management and communication studies both in the post and undergraduate level for the last 16 plus years. Member of the Board of Studies, Syllabus and PhD.
Committee of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (previously known as West Bengal University of Technology, India). A major contributor of the Syllabus and Validation Committee of the Post Graduate Media programmes of the University of Wales.
Head examiner of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (previously known as West Bengal University of Technology). Paneled external examiner of Calcutta University and moderator of Sister Nivedita University. Visiting professor at Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute –
Ministry of I & B, Govt. of India and Calcutta University.
Media Speaks Management Matters, Sarup Publishers, New Delhi, 2011 ISBN: 9788176257091
Justice and Journalist, S.B. Enterprise, Kolkata, 2015, ISBN: 9789384667047
List of some of my published research articles
1. Mass Communication – trends, traits and theories
2. Investigative Reporting – the new armory in modern journalism
3. Plate versus Digital Printing – no rivalry but integrated co-existence
4. Communication Management – from debacle to miracle
5. News Agency – the real “Bishop” in media business
6. Cyber Journalism – the ultimate destiny
7. Capitalism at the crossroads
8. Business Process Management – a catalyst between Business and IT
9. Risk Management – prevention is better than cure
10. International Communication at the crossroads
11. Education and Industry: Sought for Amalgamation
12. Gender Differences in Child Schooling and Treatment Seeking Behavior: a study conducted in Urban slums of West Bengal
13. Crucifixion of Consumers from Communication to Healthcare: an eye opener
14. Advertising and its Ethical Dilemma
15. Circulation, TRP, Page View matter, no more ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
16. Private Education – a pampered prodigy
17. Political ploy and communication
18. Truth is stranger than fiction
19. I rule, too have a role
20. Mission TRP, Vision Profit; Ethics in Oblivio
21. Fake News, the real globe trotter
Leading Publication and Presentation in the Premier Institutions like:
All India Management Association – AIMA
Banaras Hindu University
Indian Statistical Institute – ISI
Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management –IISWBM
National University of Juridical Science
Tata Institute of Social Science – TISS
Asia Centre, Bangkok, Thailand